The Philippines’ largest budget carrier, Cebu Pacific Air (PSE:CEB) is primed for summer peak in the Philippines with brand-new aircraft, additional flights and new services.
We expect to serve over 340,000 passengers during the Holy Week period. Traffic to leisure destinations such as Boracay, Coron and Dumaguete is high. Internationally, we expect high loads this Holy Week for Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Macau routes,” said CEB VP for Marketing and Distribution Candice Iyog.
73% of Holy Week passengers are traveling to domestic destinations this year, while 27% opt for international destinations, an increase from 24% last year. CEB earlier announced additional flights to Hong Kong, Legazpi, Naga and Puerto Princesa during the Holy Week period to accommodate demand.
The airline will also increase the summer frequencies to Tagbilaran (Bohol), Tacloban, Kalibo, Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Singapore and Bangkok. CEB has carried more than a million passengers for the months of April and May for the past two years.
“Cebu Pacific will continue to provide travelers with the lowest fares, most flight options and most extensive route network, so they can maximize their summer vacation,” she said.
CEB took delivery of two brand-new Airbus A320 aircraft equipped with Sharklets last January and March 2013. Those still booking flights and planning their summer itineraries may also sign up to be a CEB Club member through the Cebu Pacific website, for seat sale alerts, easy management of flights and travel funds, and a faster booking process.
Iyog also gave passengers some travel-friendly reminders for the summer peak season:
BEFORE THE FLIGHT
* Check in from your home or office with Cebu Pacific’s web check-in service through www.cebupacificair.com.
* Remember that CEB allows only one hand carry bag (maximum weight is 7 kilos).
* Purchase your baggage allowance upon booking, with options ranging from 10 to 45 kilos. This lets you save up to 44% as compared to paying excess baggage fees at the airport.
* Place easily identifiable markers on your check-in luggage, and hand carry valuable items.
* Check in using CEB’s self check-in kiosks available in all Philippine airports with Airbus flights except Laoag and Tawi-Tawi.
* Another option is CEB’s Express Counter for those with no check-in luggage (Lite Fare).
* Make time for expected long lines at the security scanners and immigration. We encourage guests to be at the airport 3 hours before the flight. CEB counters will close 45 minutes before the scheduled time of departures so we can be ready to depart on time.
* Check in umbrellas and liquids, aerosols and gels more than 100ml.
* Be at the boarding gate 30 minutes before the flight’s published time of departure.
* Guests will pass through another security check before getting to the boarding gate, so wear shoes that can be easily removed and avoid wearing belts with metal buckles.
For bookings and inquiries, guests can go to www.cebupacificair.com, or call the reservation hotlines (02) 7020-888 or (032) 230-8888. The latest seat sales and promos can also be found on CEB’s official Twitter and Facebook pages.
CEB currently operates 10 Airbus A319, 24 Airbus A320 and 8 ATR 72-500 aircraft. Between 2013 and 2021, CEB will take delivery of 18 more Airbus A320 and 30 Airbus A321neo aircraft orders.
It is slated to begin long-haul services in the 2nd half of 2013, with the arrival of two Airbus A330 aircraft.