The Philippines' leading carrier, Cebu Pacific, is expecting to carry 18% more passengers within the week of All Souls' Day, compared to last year. The airline reminds all its passengers to be in the airport early in the upcoming peak travel period.
"We recommend that passengers allow enough travel time when going to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3, and anticipate congestion as there is ongoing road work in the surrounding areas of the terminal," said Atty. Jorenz Tañada, Cebu Pacific Vice President, Corporate Affairs.
CEB passengers can avoid long lines at the airport through CEB's self check-in options:
* CEB Web Check-in by visiting the Manage Booking section of the Cebu Pacific website (http://www.cebupacificair.com). For international flights, web check-in is available from 72 hours up to 4 hours before scheduled flight departure. Those flying domestic flights can do web check-in up to 2 hours before their scheduled departure.
* Self Check-in Kiosks at the NAIA Terminal 3 and select domestic airports. Passengers can use the kiosks from 4 hours up to 1 hour before the scheduled flight departure.
Here are other reminders for all Cebu Pacific passengers:
BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT
* Domestic web check-in guests with check-in luggage can just drop it off at the web check-in counter at least 45 minutes before the flight.
* International web check-in guests with or without check-in luggage still need to show up at the web check-in counter more than 45 minutes before the flight, to drop off luggage for check-in and present valid travel documents.
* Remember that CEB allows only one hand carry bag (maximum weight is 7 kilos).
* Liquids, aerosols and gels inside a hand carry bag should be 100 ml or less, and they should be placed in a clear, re-sealable plastic bag.
* Purchase baggage allowance upon booking, with options ranging from 15 to 40 kilos. This lets you save up to 44% as compared to paying excess baggage fees at the airport.
* Place easily identifiable markers on your check-in luggage, and hand carry valuable items.
* Make time for expected long lines at the security scanners, check-in counters and immigration. We encourage guests to be at the airport 3 hours before an international flight or 2 hours before a domestic flight. CEB counters will close 45 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.
* Be at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes before the flight's published time of departure.
For bookings and inquiries, guests can go to www.cebupacificair.com or call reservation hotlines +(632) 7020-888 or +(6332) 230-8888. The latest seat sales can also be found on CEB's official Twitter (@cebupacificair) and Facebook pages.
CEB offers flights to 25 international destinations, namely Bali, Bangkok, Beijing, Brunei, Busan, Dammam, Dubai, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Hong Kong, Incheon (Seoul), Jakarta, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Macau, Nagoya, Osaka, Phuket, Riyadh, Shanghai, Siem Reap, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei, Tokyo and Xiamen. It also operates the most extensive network in the Philippines.