Sunny Cebu Newsletter
... Keeping You Up-to-Date
No need for you to search around for travel information related to the Philippines - we bring it all to you. Sunny Cebu Newsletter boils it all down and reports only the important material that you need to know.
Latest Philippines Travel Headlines
* Batangas 'Ala Eh! Festival 2013' Stages 'Parol'-Making Contest
The cold breeze of the “ber” months beckons Christmas season which actually starts in this country where Christians celebrate and mark the Yuletide with one of the traditional Filipino symbols...
* Tune Hotel Davao Strengthens City’s Marketability
The opening of Tune Hotel Davao next month is expected to strengthen the city’s marketability to the domestic and even foreign tourism market...
* Philippine Airlines Promo - PAL Offers Promo Fares for London Flights
Philippine Airlines will fly to London starting November 4, 2013, fulfilling the flag carrier's promise to return to Europe four months after the lifting of the European Union ban...
* Negros Oriental Ready for Buglasan Festival 2013
All systems set for the 2013 Negros Oriental Buglasan Festival on October 11-20 in Dumaguete City with the theme “Sustaining growth through unity among the Oriental Negrenses.”
* "Majestic Surfing Cup” to Lure Surfing Enthusiasts to Catanduanes
This year's Catandungan Festival in Catanduanes province will showcase anew the National Surfing Competition slated on October 18-20, at the renowned surfing village of Puraran in the municipality of Baras.
• "Philippines Insider" - #1 Philippines Travel Guide
• LEARN TAGALOG FREE !
* Cebu Pacific First Philippine Carrier to Land in Dubai in 15 years
The Philippines’ leading low-cost carrier, Cebu Pacific sent off its first long-haul flight at 4:40pm today. The daily non-stop 9-hour Manila-Dubai service serves as a milestone for the airline that has made its mark in short-haul regional and domestic operations.
* MIMAROPA Pushes for "Philippines' Eco-Tourism Star" Tag
Tourism stakeholders in MIMAROPA (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan) are pushing to make the region the country's ultimate eco-tourism destination to help generate sustainable economic development without jeopardizing their natural resources.
* Philippine Airlines Flies to Middle East Anew With A330 Airplanes
Philippine Airlines returns to the Middle East starting with Abu Dhabi using its new Airbus A330-300 aircraft starting this month.
* Philippine Herbs for Sports?
herbs in relation to sports can stimulate peak levels of physical performance, control pain in injuries, manage weight and rehabilitate the body from the consequences of injuries.
* Himbaba-o: Odd but Tasty and Nutritious Philippine Vegetable
In Luzon, it is known as alukon in Ilocos, baeg in Pangasinan, alokon bongon in Mt. Province, himbaba-o in Nueva Ecija, kabag in Mindoro, alitagtag in Camarines. While in the Visayas, himbaba-o is known as bulbulan in Cebu and Negros, and talubang in Siquijor. In Mindanao, himbaba-o is known as karud in Misamis, liba in Davao, and malabingan in Sulu.
"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value."
- Albert Einstein